xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
You an me both brother - this has me fuming

* I cant get the idrive in the rear / stupid remote instead (Which also means you cant surf web as Ive see pics of rear screens on the google webpage.)

* I cant get active steering w/ my Indiv. Pkg.- makes no technical sense.

* Screen is 8" instead of 9.4 (not as a big deal as other two for me)
Actually, as far as I know, the internet access (to browse websites from the car) is not available in North America anyway. Even though I am getting the iDrive controller in the back, there will be no internet access. At least not yet. They told me that the software is not ready for the NA market. I think this may also have something to do with service agreements between BMW and all the different Cell service providers. At least the good news is (at least for me), that if they would ever make this available, it should be a simple software upgrade to enable that feature (and obviously more money for BMW as you have to pay a subscription/usage fee for the internet service). Speeds would be equivalent to browsing the internet on a cell phone via the EDGE service.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0