Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
So, txstyle, how long have you been working for Gillette?

Seriously, I've tried the various gimmicks, such as the "power" vibrating razors, which did seem to reduce irritation, but didnt produce a cleaner/closer shave.

Honestly, the biggest single thing I've found, after years of trial and error (mostly error) is to shave at the end of your shower. Get a small, fog-resistant mirror, and shave while the water is still running, and your skin is saturated with moisture, the shower stall is still full of moist steamy air. Doing it at the end of the shower is better than the beginning, your skin has more time to soften up, or whatever the hell is happening there. Not sure exactly what the explanation is, but it really works for me.

I've found that by doing that, I can use the cheapest, gimmick-free razors out there, and I get a better shave with FAR less irritation or redness than any of the fanciest, most expensive razors out there, especially around the neck. To be fair, I havent tried the new flexball yet, but I cant imagine it being better than what I do now, especially considering the price difference.
This right here.

I'm not wasting money on some gimmick that no one ever needs.