View Single Post
      02-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #43
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcrockett1 View Post
It is even more confusing. The 911 operator asked if I was in La Quinta (which I am). She then asked the address and I told her the street and number. She then said even though it came back to La Quinta, the information was that I was on a street (Oak Street) which is not in my neighborhood. I have not looked it up, but it is not close. When I explained the issue, neither of us had any possible explanation. Any theories?

Google maps shows Oak-Hills at PGA west which is about 2 miles from here.
Thank you for taking the time to test this.

Strange that the operator had the correct town, the wrong street, and there's no street by that name in the town.

Maybe some type of interference? Was your car in your garage? If so, maybe test again tomorrow during the day on a main road?

What comes to mind is when "Find My iPhone" is sometimes off by a lot - by 10 or more streets - and then it re-triangulates and hones in on the correct area after a minute or two; maybe if you were connected to the call long enough 911 would've received enough info to properly triangulate?

Curious as to how your SOS button defaulted to dialing 911 in light of BMW Assist expiration. Your car is one year newer than mine, but not sure if that makes a difference, as mine was built after 9/2010 (when the revised combox was used).

Maybe 'coders' will discover a way to unlock 911 capability?

Last edited by dbs600; 02-22-2016 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0