Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:
Originally Posted by howards09750li
Ok, so I just joined yesterday, so what's up?
My 09 750li has been quite the experience. Here is a run-down:
April 2014 - Purchased, in love with car! I rarely go above 4000 rpm... but it runs 110mph at 2800rmp.... awesome!
May 2014 - wife calls, drivetrain malfunction, very rough idle... chugging, won't reset... Crap! towed to a Euro Car repair shop? ..... Ha Ha...that was a joke, they were clueless! Towed to Classic BMW, Plano TX.
$6850.00 repair....replaced software, replaced bank one fuel injectors, then bank two since the problem was not solved.... Yes, "Cylinder 6", Crankcase vent hose, faulty thermostat..vanos solenoid failed... luckily my extended warranty provider covered $5500.00 "Carchex Luxury is awesome"

June 2014 - Drivetrain Malfunction - Guess what" Cylinder 6... replaced coil and spark plug. (Today, after reading posts/... I am thinking Really?) $352.00

August 2014 - Drivetrain Malfunction again. They dropped the motor and ran a "DeCarbon" scrubbing of air intake $2685.00, noticed radiator leak, replace radiator. Guess what? Problem is still there, this is 8/2014? BMW knows the problem at this point.... N63 CCP has got to be in the works.
So, they replace bank head #2, they said it was leaking around an injector.
$4250.... thank God for the Carchex, they covered $4500.00 of the total bill of $7472.0

August 2014 - April 2016, scared of the car, never trust it, it hesitates and jumps when trying to accelerate from 1700rpm to 2200rpm.... will give drivetrain malfunction at time. I pull over turn it off and restart and the error goes away. I drive in manual mode and don't have this problem unless I get around 4000RPM then I can get a drivetrain malfunction error. I drive it like an old 4 cylinder Dodge Colt that I had back in 1979. I love the comfort of this car but it sits in the garage most days and we take my wife's Toyota SUV.

April, 2016 - have a CCP appointment for next Tuesday. We are considering going after BMW, depending on how they handle this next week. I have seen the class action lawsuits, I'm not that guy but yikes! More later....
I mean no disrespect, but owning any higher tiered vehicle as a daily driver without a warranty is risky if not financially reckless.

Unlike cars of yesteryear, these vehicles have advanced systems that must stay within margins as the hardware ages.

Thus, a 5 year old vehicle must work as perfect the day it was born, or the software systems are going to choke.

I have said this countless times here: owning a BMW 7 without a warranty would make even the wealthiest among us blush.

These cars need gas, they need spark plugs and they need a warranty. Beyond that, either make it a hobby car or send it to the crusher.
I don't totally agree with this. My parents have owned 3 7 series without warranty and have had great luck with them. They currently have an '07 and an '11 that are running just fine. I think the key is finding an Indy that works on BMW's and charges reasonable rates. Sure they might be q minority in being lucky owning used BMW's but I know my dad takes care of them properly as well.
You're the guy! I knew it!

I always suspected you were out there.

You know, the guy that never had a bad day, never had an accident, always had good luck with cars!

I bet you don't even see the need for car insurance, am I right?

All in good fun.
Appreciate 1