04-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #35
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Tourist driving days (Touristenfahren) are exactly that, TOURIST DRIVING DAYS(TDD). Even on Hockenheim, which is a GP course, same thing applies. Slower traffic keeps to the right. If an accident occurs, like the Clio one, Polizei comes out and investigates. Biggest thing and is also briefed to people renting cars to run the track like the RentRaceCar.de and the rules are inside the vehicle.....check your mirrors and if a car is coming faster than you you MOVE TO THE RIGHT.

Passing is to be done on the left as per road rules. You are caught or reported as passing on the right and you can say bye bye to a great day at the 'ring because you will be banned for the day and possibly more.

Now, blame in this incident can easily go 50/50 because

1. The GTR did not anticipate the Clio's intentions........and

2. The Clio, knowing it was the slower car, did not signal that it was staying right and did not check it's mirrors to ensure other faster cars were not coming.

On TDD's, there are not many, if any marshalls. So it is really up to people driving the 'Ring to report incidents. Last year I had a psycho french chick that passed me on the right right before Breitscheid like there was a championship trophy waiting for her at the end. 3 kilometers later, as a TT-RS passed me and was coming up on her, She pulled right and then dove into the 45% turn and tapped the TT-RS in the back. Needless to say, Polizei came, investigated and determined she was in the wrong and was banned for a week from the 'Ring.

People coming from different parts of the world and even Europe need to learn and understand the TDD rules when it comes to driving on the 'Ring. And people thinking that TDD's are trackdays need to understand the difference between both here because on a trackday, there is no toll and the track is completely open where you can do a complete lap, is fully marshalled and can pass on either side.