TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
You all realize the base c63 has never been compared to the m3 right? Here some info the c63s vagrant has always been around it was referred to as the p30 and later p31 package and guess what, in a naturally aspirated motor it made more power than a base c63. And no one bat an eye at that. Oh well why is that because they had no idea the difference. Even now when a m3 owner pulls up to a c63 on the high way they have no clue there are 3 different versions of the coupe and the sedan and then the black series. So why are you crying now. Benz has always been the muscle car of the group while m diversion has always been lighter and more nimble. Holy crap

Base c63 w204 didn't come with a LSD it was a option to added, It didn't come with floatin rotors it was an option, it didn't come with forged internals that wa also an option to add and they fell under the 507 package or the P31 package which when ever a test drive wa done it was using the p30/p31 package car.

2015 m3 weight of 3,516 lb= 8.1lbs/hp

2015 C63S weight 3786lb= 7.5lbs/hp

Correct numbers taken from BMW and Benz not google. The c63 has a slight power advantge but as I've already stated this has been true since the c55 the benz has alway made more power than the m division in every model. Your more wrapped up in power numbers and not even the electrical diff that comes with the C63S lol...

Further more None of you complained when they compared the e92m to the C63 Sedan when the E90 sedan has been out the either time...and they is a good bit of weight difference in my E90 sunroof dct and the E92 carbon roof dct when it comes to weight and handling.
This is the last thing I'm going to post because clearly you still don't understand comparing cars to arrive at a meaningful conclusion (which some of us are arguing) vs. comparing cars at a certain price.

Forget about options because it seems to overcomplicate the simple fact that if I was in the market with a budget, would I buy a M3/M4 for $62k/64k or a C63 AMG for $62k? I'm not even looking at a C63S that cost $10,000 more. I don't care if the C63 doesn't come with stuff the M3 has and vice versa. Each company has their own idea what they think is a good package and what options are available. If the C63 AMG didn't have option X but the M3 did, I would want to know that and see how it affected the car to come to a conclusion that I could use.

What you and all all these reviews are saying is that for an additional $10k, you should be getting a faster, stronger and likely more capable C63. Well, no shit. You spent $10k more over a M3/M4 and the base C63 but I still don't know if a C63 is a good car. Does the C63 not match up well with the M3/M4 that I need to spend an additional $10k for the C63S?
Appreciate 0