View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #23
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Sounds like you need to find different hours - clearly you do not want to be working like you are right now, missing time w/family. However this new gig seems sketchy as all get out, so perhaps a bit more forethought about what it is you want to do. The numbers don't quite match, and look like you're going to be riding the margin of acceptability, even if you do well; and why is it that the shop that is so cool they keep their sales staff for forever, is needing to hire somebody [you] out of the blue, with no prior experience? Working on commission is a particular kind of uncertainty that you may also want to consider - for some a thrill, for others a constant gnawing angst.
That's for sure, I definitely need to find better hours.

I questioned the same thing as you (about hiring someone with no sales exp). I went in to look at a quad for my son and saw they had a sign they were hiring. I filled out an application and the receptionist told me to wait a min because the owner was about to finish a meeting and she was gonna ask him if he wanted to interview me on the spot.

We got to talking and hit it off pretty well. I have been going to this place since I was a kid and I am an enthusiast with knowledge about what he sells. That's the only reason I believe he offered me the job.

Thanks for your feedback. You have given me a lot to think about. I would feel so stupid if I took this job and it was a huge step down from what I'm doing now.

So how do people actually make it in this type of sales ?
Appreciate 0