View Single Post
      08-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #107
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

BMW Motorsport Juniors Jake Hughes, Jesse Krohn and Alexander Mies overcame miserable conditions to successfully complete their second race in the BMW M235i Racing at the 6-hour race in the VLN Endurance Championship, which took place at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife.

After 31 laps, the number 152 car crossed the finish line in 58th place. “On their second outing, our Juniors once again had to cope with unsettled weather, and they again did a very good job of overcoming this challenge,” said head instructor Dirk Adorf.

The BMW Motorsport Juniors shared the cockpit with Michela Cerruti. She usually races in a BMW Z4 GT3 for ROAL Motorsport in the Blancpain Endurance Series. However, the Italian used the VLN race to get her first taste of the Nordschleife in the BMW M235i Racing.

“I was very excited about my first Nordschleife experience,” said Cerruti. “I had every possible weather condition over the course of the race, so I think I experienced the real Nordschleife.” As well as the circuit, the Italian also got to know the car and the BMW Motorsport Juniors. “Congratulations to BMW Motorsport on the Juniors they have selected,” she said. “They are all very good drivers, and nice guys too. They made me feel very welcome.”
Appreciate 0