QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
Maintenance isn't the issue because the motor is well built and durable. It is the peripherals that are made by numerous other vendors like Bosch. All these purchased parts are not stringently specified, and tested like they are in the US and Japan etc. Wheels that crack and require a class action to get them to fix. I had a toyota truck with a frame rust recall many years out of warranty. They bought it back. for way more than it was worth! BMW fights even on safety failures. They won't replace wheels that crack out of warranty. There should be no time limit on basic safety and vehicle integrity like a wheel. The basic car is very well built, the purchased parts are not well designed and tested, and they make some very weird design errors. These quirks are overlooked by buyers who have the pay to play budget, buy warranties, or enjoy doing their own work on older cars.
I hear it all the time. Buy or lease and sell when warranty is up or extend it. The dealer gets a nice trade in and resells it with a another warranty for a lot more. Perhaps BMW has a good thing going. No reason to improve reliability. No other make sells so many warranties.
Spot on, When I got my first BMW that had a warranty it was my E90. I had an E30 and loved it so I decided to get a newer one and sell my current G35.. So I signed up on here and began reading and learning..

I couldn't believe how many times people ask about " CPO " and " Warranty " before my E90 and F30 I had a 06 G35. Nobody ever ever ever asks about warranties on the G35 forums for new or used.
I had the car for 50k miles from 40k to 90k, drag raced it a ton and sold it with not one issue the whole time I owned it.. Tires, Oil Change, Brakes thats it and I beat the crap out of it.

BMW and the Germans for that matter have the fit/finish and design nailed, If they can just get their hands around reliability it would be a huge game changer for them.
But when most are lease's and there making $$ why improve? We love our cars, Just a little less silly problems and I would love it that much more.
Appreciate 1