View Single Post
      11-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #35
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I think that those types of characters were Lucas' attempt to sell the new movies to everyone. Whereas the original 3 were produced for and marketed to a core audience, the new ones were like "it's Star Wars, everyone has to see it!" So you have silly Jar Jar and poop humor for the kids, angsty Anakin and half-naked ladies for the teen boys, female characters with extremely elaborate, constantly changing outfits and hairstyles for the girls and then Star Wars stuff too. I can't say that it worked out well though.
Agreed. He was trying to make them kid friendly. They all had that element a bit. First was r2d2 and c3po, then add in yoda, then ewoks. Finally adding jar jar to try to appeal to kids and minorities was too much. That's why he proctically vanished by episode 3. I hope they learn from this. The first movie is actually good if you remove jar jar and anytime anakin whines, which is pretty much constant. What I don't think they understood, or he understood, is you don't need a kid friendly character for kids to like it. My favorite character when I was 10 yrs old when it came out was a toss up between Han and darth. I didn't care about the bots or Luke really at all.
'08 e93 AW 335i 6MT,Vargas Stg 2+ 20T clipped,VRSF catless dps & 7"FMIC,ER chargepipe&Tial, MMP inlets&outlets,Motiv Stg 2 fuel rail&dual disc clutch/fly, JB4G5,MHD w/Motiv tune,Fuel-it Stg 3 LPFP,Wavetrac LSD w/lockdown, KwV2,M3(Strut brace,frt control arms,steering wheel)AKE blk sub bush,re11 245/305,19x8.5et30&19x11et43,SmartTop,RE trans mounts,Msport rear bump & skirts,15%tint,ZSP knob,Stoptech rotors,241k miles
Appreciate 0