Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Been talking to my dealer about what is going on. Says he has a guy who wants a 440 and he can't get it until August! Says you want an SUV? No biggie - want a car, not a priority for BMW. They have given up on being #1 in sales and want to focus on being #1 in profit. I think you are going to see more changes like this coming up.

I personally feel that if they don't change their priority on steering feel*, then none of us are really going to be buying or leasing BMWs anymore - so who cares what they charge!

*they have been quoted as saying their customers do not want or appreciate steering feel (or feedback) and so they are dialing that out of cars. Of course I can't find that quote right now
Here you go:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/steer-m...steering-feel/

"So the strongest demand we heard was, ‘Please reduce the steering effort.’ They seem to want more isolation.”
Wow - this is a super interesting interview with BMW. Based on the comments from the BMW driving dynamics expert, it appears that they truly don't understand what we mean by steering feel! Quite honestly, I think that my prior E90 had pretty decent steering "feel", and on top of that, the steering was not "heavy". In my book, you can have good steering feel along with reasonably "low" steering effort. We all need to spend some time sharing our thoughts with the BMW engineers on this subject.
Attached Images