04-18-2017, 07:31 AM   #88
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Bought mine for the long haul with extended warranty. I do agree that maybe BMWs pushing people to buy it more so than leasing them... because of an pre-owned inventory glut.
I just don't believe people that lease will just start buying them so if that is BMWs plan it will probably fail. People lease these cars (or at least people like me) because it makes more financial sense long term considering we don't want to drive a car "for the long haul". I think this is just BMW tacking on some extra profit in every lease minus any sales they lose. Someone must have done some math and said overall we'll come out ahead. Time will tell.

I've always leased my cars because I pile on miles (15-17k a year) and don't want to own and realize the real depreciation of a car like this. Add in not having to worry about devaluation due to getting into a fender bender along the way, and my desire to drive something shiny and new often, wanting to keep my money making money, and buying just isn't on the table for me. The MSDs along with some other key discounts (Fleet, UDE) and some decent negotiating were key for me. I got to drive some nice cars, and not having to feel guilty about it.

I'm not saying I won't lease a BMW again (in reality the MSD for me was only worth about $50/mo) but for sure I will look around to see what else is out there more so than I did with my M3.
Appreciate 0