Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sina172 View Post
To get an S-Class to come even CLOSE to a 7-Series in Performance and Looks, you'd have to pay DOUBLE what a loaded 750Li costs! And I'm talking Lorinser or Brabus Exterior Packages with the overpriced Designo Interior Option.

MB can go f**k themselves these days. The ONLY cars they make that I'm actually interested in at the moment is the SLS and the upcoming SLC AMG.

Your paying for the name when you buy a MB.

The S-Class has SO many design flaws inside and out, it makes me puke!

Nothing in this world is perfect, by my God! Both the new 7-Series LCI and Pre-LCI is as close to perfection as anyone can imagine! I'm putting in my order next year for a 2014 LCI. Probably an Alpina B7L X-Drive this time, as I already have a 2012 760Li that I'm completely in love with.

The best just got even BETTER! :

:
I thought the S class has been the benchmark in this category all its life... look at all the presidents and CEO(s) and bank owners/managers! they are all driving an S-class.. The s-class is just ahead of it's age.. It was the first car ever to have a Satnav, TV, ABS brakes, Airbags, onboard computer, air conditioner (in the 60s)... etc. and the list goes on and on...

Don't get me wrong.. I love BMWs and as I mentioned above we have a 2011 740i but it just doesn't give you the same status as an S class.. The big benz!

The current S class is outdated badly, but it still got on the 7 series its unparalleled ride comfort on the expense of a worse handling..

A new Jag XJ, 7 series, Audi A8, Porsche Panamera came out and S class is still the same.. So I wouldn't be surprised if the new S class debuting at the end of this year turned out to be something out of this world.. But there's no chance it can rival the 7 series on its sportiness, handling and acceleration capabilities (assuming non-AMG versions).
Appreciate 0