AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked07 View Post
With your blowout did you see with your own eyes the suspension damage? I can't go into much detail but let's just say someone on the inside told me the service advisor was outright lying and trying to take me to the cleaners with repairs that weren't necessary.
No, but I could feel that something wasn't right. I did not have a blowout but could continue to drive (18" wheels in NY are a good idea). I am very sensitive to wheel imbalance or anything like that. This did not feel like wheel imbalance, but I knew something was off. I thought the alignment had been knocked out of adjustment. The dealer thought so too, until they tried to realign and could not get it to align in specs. Then they examined more carefully and found the bent component. Your situation sounds way different, and your dealer way different. If the SA was outright lying, that sounds like fraud. At some point you may have to go into detail (not here).

Last edited by AlteBMW; 06-18-2017 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 0