09-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
I have not received my from ED, but I did notice these items - can anyone confirm similar issues? I will when I get my car in a few weeks.

1. I have the iPhone 3G and when I connected it to the iPhone adapter ( in the center console, I always received a warning stating this accessory is not for this device.. blah blah blah... even though it did charge the phone. I don't remember if the music was accessible. Anyone else having iphone issues?

2. 4GB USB drive with Music, did NOT work in the center console, only in the glove compartment USB. Anyone else has this issue? IS this normal? SHould both work? It could have been the other way around - but I remember one of the USB slots did not work for music after it noticed a device what plugged in - it would not read the music files.

3. My blind spot sensor alarm did NOT kick in... I never heard it even though I turned it on, and would purposely get close to other vehicles, and nothing. If I have to get any closer, then this is useless I was inches away - The triangle warning by the rear view never turned on.

4. I also think the wind noise from the roof is WAY TOO LOUD!!! I heard someone got theirs fixed - can anyone elaborate? What was the problem/or fix for an easier explanation at the dealer about what to do? The noise is the flap that comes up to blow wind away from the inside of the vehicle. I did notice when I push it down with my hand the wind noise goes down to zero! Any thoughts / feedback? Should this be a separate thread?

thanks everyone..

ps... Yes, I love my car!
dm
Hey dm,

1. I have yet to actually connect my iPhone to the adapter that was supplied with the car. The phone is paired with the car. I charge my phone at home and never had a reason to connect it via the cable in the car. I keep the cable in the car in case of an emergency if I ever needed to charge it in the car.

2. I use a 64GB USB stick that I loaded with about 7500 songs from my library at home. My home library consists of Apple loss-less files that I convert into AAC3 versions for the car. I leave the USB stick connected in the center console at all times (unless I update, change or add more songs to it). Never had a single issue with it. I was quite surprised how fast the iDrive controller actually indexed all the songs. I haven't transferred any songs onto the iDrive controllers HDD yet (this only works via the glove compartment USB interface). I intend on doing that sometime soon...
Try a different USB stick or try to encode the music files in a different format. I had originally tried to play the Apple loss-less files from another USB stick, however the car would not play the song but would show the ID3 tag information on the iDrive screen. I was able to select the different songs, but the controller simply refused to play back the song...
I assume that the controller does not support the Apple loss-less format because it is more or less a proprietary Apple format?!?...

3. I have Blind Spot Detection enabled at all times and it works surprisingly well. The little warning triangles in the mirrors come on either on the driver or passenger side depending on what side the car in your blind spot area is on. If the warning triangle is lit and you turn on your indicator to move into that lane, the steering wheel will vibrate and the warning triangle will flash! This feature will only work above 50km/h or 30mph!

4. I have to give the sun roof a try. I usually drive with the windows closed (keeps the interior cleaner !).
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0