07-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #37
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub679 View Post
I loved it actually. As fast and capable a car for daily driving as I've ever had. The ride was great - the dampers are tuned well, so no need for multiple settings like sport, etc like we have with cars today. The engine note was intoxicating. The front brakes were (in my opinion) overkill, but they did their job well. Plenty of space both for passengers (I rarely carried any) and stuff (enormous trunk). All wheel drive pretty much meant that I never ever broke the tires free, even in the rain.

Some people mentioned the interior being dated. While that's generally true, I had the piano black interior trim with Audi Prestige package that had the two color black/red seats. They were sharp.

I never had anything break. I had 1 flat tire due to a nail and with no spare, that meant I had to be towed to a dealer for tire replacement. It didn't seem to drink oil like I've heard with some. Gas was a different story though. When gas prices, were near $4/gallon here, it was a little difficult to stomach.

A very nice Cardiologist from the east coast bought the car from me and from what I understand, he used it successfully as his winter car.
Thanks for your ownership experience feedback! From everything I've read, its a solid car. Considering its a 8-9 year old car, I understand what the cost of ownership will be, as I've looked over the Audizine forums to get an idea.

And with the interior comments. My friend had a B7 A4 he got rid of a few years back, and I didn't think it was that bad. It somewhat reminds me of the E36 interior, which I kind of like.

I haven't had any seat time in a RS4, so I'm excited to drive one tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
Jdub67987.50