View Single Post
      04-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #73
guni
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1
OP I can relate. I just had two back to back ankle surgeries. One was to repair the ligaments in my left ankle from a bad roll. Then two weeks later, woke up in excruciating pain, 105 fever and chills. Went into the Dr. and he told me that I had a bad, bad infection deep inside of the ankle that they repaired. They had to rush me in for emergency surgery that day. Reopened the ankle to clean it out and it wound up being worse than they thought. Things got pretty damn scary as the infection almost took me out for good. I was in the hospital for quite some time recovering. They inserted a PICC line in my arm that went right into my heart (one of the creepiest experiences of my life) and I've had to inject antibiotics into it 4 times a day for the past month. Fortunately my employer is amazing and they have been incredibly understanding with me being out of work for over a month.

Now that things are looking on the up and up; the big bummer is that they had to reverse the ligament repair from surgery #1 because the infection was so bad. So I have to go back in at some point in the future and do this all over again
Damn man, I'm really sorry. Good thing they caught the infection in time.

Hopefully it all goes well from here.
Appreciate 1