FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Some interesting points, thanks.

I obviously can only compare to my 730 and the 40 in my 640. Most of what you've said is true, certainly over roads that would be terrible in other cars, it's much more acceptable in this car.

Also, im not just saying this to justify my purchase but even my 730 doesn't feel too slow. The nature of the car doesn't make me want to drive it fast generally but when necessary it has enough poke to feel quick. Not in the same league as the 760 of course but I would say that Pelo Cat was right, I dont feel im missing out by not getting the 740 over the 730. Instead of the power, which I don't think is truly necessary in this sort of car, what I'm missing from the 760 is the handling benefits and the larger rear space of course. luckily I don't need my drivers seat as far back as you, so the rear space behind me is actually ok it seems.

But in general you're points seem pretty fair and true.
Fully agree on this as well. I've driven a 730d when they first came out as the G11 and never felt it was slow. I had a 330d a good while ago and moved to a 335d, I was a bit disappointed that the jump in terms of acceleration wasn't more. It is a jump but it's not like night and day either.

The handling is better in the 760 however you've got to be getting a move on to notice it I think. As you say it goes against the type of car where you just feel like driving it in a relaxed manner. So yeah it's nice but I wouldn't worry too much about not having those features either, it's a stellar car even without them.

Shame they don't sell the 750d in the UK. That would likely have some serious performance while still pretty damn good fuel economy.
Appreciate 0