05-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremg View Post
Did you drive the current gen RS3? I'm curious because I saw quite a lot of reviews trashing it (not that it matters because most car reviews are all fluff these days).
I did, and I really liked it. With a few IMPORTANT caveats. It was Stockholm, in December, on summer tires. Dealer was with me and it was a fight to even get them to let me drive it as I left my passport at the hotel. So needless to say I was not really testing any limits. That said it does check a lot of boxes for me. Really quick, practical with the back doors and seats, AWD which I need for the next car. Sounded AMAZING. That 5 is pretty awesome. Handling seemed fine from what I could tell, but again I was far from pushing it. I have read that the new one will have a better, more rear biased Haldex. So that would help. All things considered, think it's a very compelling package - depending on pricing. I would say from a "drivers car" perspective the TTRS will be the choice if looking at Audi, but the RS3 should be quite a bit less.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1