Senilsson
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Some advice for you below-

As you can see from my answers above, the USA is a very large country that varies from area to area, there really are no easy answers to anything.
Appreciate the time you put into this. I understand there's no such thing as a perfect place and compromises are needed but hopefully I can find something relatively suitable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW235 View Post
If you are open to the south, you may want to consider South Carolina. I read some posts in this thread mentioning NC, but did not see any on SC. The Greenville - Spartanburg area is really growing, lots of automotive industry related jobs, including BMW and Michelin, along with a lot of related suppliers. I did see that you'd like to try something different though. Within a few hours you have the ocean, mountains and snow in NC (Asheville), a number of lakes, and only a few hours from larger cities like Charlotte and Atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Greenville, SC is a great area and actually has European ppl there because of the BMW plant. Lots of ppl move there from Northeast as well (NYC).
Its about 1-2hour drive from Charlotte which has all the sports teams, concert, nightlife of any big city.

If i was starting from scratch- it would be tops on my list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
+1 on Greenville. Great town with a great atmosphere!
Thanks, that's a great tip!
I'll add that on my list for potential visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Currently living in South Florida. Originally from Toronto. Ill take the heat for 2 months vs the cold for 6-7. Florida has alot but no mountains or good driving roads.

Imo, you have to take everyones opinions with a grain of salt. You need to experience it for yourself to really truly know.

Perhaps try looking for a job and seeing where that takes you. Look to see if Apex is hiring. Im sure with your experience they might hire you. They are in Atlanta i believe. Start somewhere if you dont like it, try someone else. Once here it'll be much easier and you can go around and visit places.
Yea, for sure. I have to trust my gut and visit each place to see what's what.

It would be very convenient to have a job waiting for me when I get over but I need to collect my green card first and without that I can't really apply for a job.
So my plan is to find a place first. Get an apartment, get all my papers in order and to settle in the first weeks.
Hopefully I can make some connections and practice the language a bit and after that get a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
OP hates snow
I don't hate snow, but I wouldn't miss it.
And I can't move to Canada.
Appreciate 0