View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Oooooooooh Le Mans and Saddle! That's hot.

My advice is to make the natural progression to a 5 - especially if you are in your 20's -- just find one with more unique color combo. There are SO many CPO 5's out there. I just sold my 5 for my 3rd 7, I got $48k for it with 11k miles on it. It was white with Oyster. Pretty car.

The 7 might be to big too fast... It's a huge difference between the e92 and the 5 series. Night and Day difference between an e92 and a 7 series. Think of the 7 as a comfort cruiser, it's not particularly speedy or sporty, just a fine ride. If you want some sport and sport looks, 5 is your car, I would just pick the right color options. You're not stuck buying only one car at that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichighley View Post
Neither are CPO, which isn't a major deal as my average time in a car is around 14 months (bought the 335 back in December of last year...I get bored easily). I believe the 7 has been in a couple accidents. One with minor damage to the rear, and one to the front right. I believe that is the reason for the pricing. While I havent driven them, if it feels solid I wouldn't turn it down just because of that. Like I said, I always buy cars from this same guy so whenever I go to upgrade I always get a fair trade on my old one and no sales tax. Thanks for your advice!

I'm still relatively young (20's), but the e92 is troublesome on the few occasions when I want more that two people in the car. Thus me not NEEDING the extra space, I don't have a family or baby to cart around. I do want something bigger, the question is how big. I think I will need to drive them both to really answer that. As for the warranty, won't likely come into play as I am in and out of cars usually within a year. My e92 has only managed to hold my interest for 10 months.

And yes, the combo on the 7 is the biggest problem, if you can call it that. I have always wanted an oyster interior, probably one of the biggest selling points over the black/black 550. I prefer more unique colors in my cars (currently in a LeMans/Saddle e92).

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0