View Single Post
      05-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #50
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Agree with bimmette that a year seems a little soon. Also agree with 1MOREMOD about having a legally binding agreement about what happens if you should separate. Not sure where you live, but the law can be complicated (or overly simple), so you should make that decision for yourselves. Also, if you should separate, emotions can get in the way of good decisions, so no matter how amicable you both think you can be later if that happens, you don't know what it would be like, so make that decision now. Lastly, you mentioned you worry that living together brings out bad habits. It implies that you two have not lived together yet. If that is the case, I recommend renting a place for at least a year first. If one of you already owns a house, then move in together without the financial marriage first. Everyone's situation is different. You may be ready this soon, who knows. But you may not be. Good luck.
+1..good advice here. If you are able to buy real low (say a fixer) and you are confident that a profit could be made in case things go south then maybe..but otherwise....try being together 24/7 before plopping down a big chunk of change.