Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
hahaha that was nice of you to lie to your dad to make him feel better, but the N55 responds better than an N54 and definitely sounds a lot better.

But seriously, he didn't miss out on much just some extra chrome and new headlights outside. He still got a fantastic car. I agree that the gauges with real needles are a big plus.
lmao.. I actually didn't know that the N55 responds better and sounds better! I haven't driven a beemer with an N55 yet but I just assumed so from a couple of reviews I read.

How come the N55 equipped 535i is slow 0-100km/h 6.1s? and the N54 equipped 740i does it in 5.8s? I know that the 7 series puts an extra 15kw and 50Nm but it's a lot heavier and it doesn't have the 8 speed auto like the 5 series..

It would be interesting to see if the new N55 740i can beat the N54 740i from 0-250km/h run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Side Effect View Post
I'm so over BMW's LCI game. Make the car with the LCI from the get-go.
Me too! Or at least don't make key mechanical changes??! like new engines or the 8 speed gearbox.. just do them some cosmetic changes and keep the mechanical one for the new generation 7 series that'll come in 2-3 years!

Like AMG with E63, they initially produced it with a 6.2L V8 514hp, 13 months later you can pay the same amount and get it with a brand new 5.5L V8 twin-turbo that has a lot more technology in it and is more efficient and you can even get it with an AMG performance package that'll give you 556hp... I would have felt so bad if I was one of those unlucky people that bought it once it was out..
Appreciate 0