03-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #8
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
Yeah, BMW needs to make at least a rear view camera standard on all models but I assume they know anyone who can afford to talk about buying a new BMW can afford to pay for the rear view option.

I mean, the BMW is made of pure condensed quality though. If you work on the car yourself you will understand what I mean. I mean, if you work on the car yourself and work on other cars you will understand what I mean. The BMW standards are far beyond Toyota. They pack so much material and components where other manufacturers have nothing there. The door for example.

To go from Point A to Point B the wisest decision would be those hybrids that get 50mpg. If people do not care about vehicle quality and they need new with warranty why even buy a BMW eq. or higher?

If you aren't really on the gas a Toyota Prius can leave you at the light. You also pay the difference in maintenance that is like 3x higher than a Toyota version. You can change spark plugs like nothing on a Toyota but in a BMW, because it's built for weight distribution it would cost hundreds of labor just to change.
What did I just read?

Rear view cameras are now federally mandated and standard on ALL new motor vehicles sold in the US for years now.

Are you sure you've "worked" on a BMW? I do racing and I'm my own mechanic. BMW is far from what I'd call "pure condensed quality." Is this why Toyota and Honda beat the living shit out of BMW in terms of reliability and ownership costs?

The wisest decision for a basic transportation automobile is the cheaper eco cars that are simple ICE powered vehicles. Hybrids cost more because of their dual drivetrains, and the reliability and ownership costs go out the window, comparatively. A turbo diesel could get 60mpg+

BMW isn't hard to service because it's built for optimal weight distribution. It's hard to service because they want you to pay them to service it.

Last edited by conradb; 03-13-2017 at 06:49 AM..
Appreciate 0