View Single Post
      12-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
1. You shouldn't have to press the button twice. If you do, then I guess your trunk close and lock button does not recognize that you pressed it the first time. Have your dealer check the function and possibly replace it!

9. Any other source (e.g. radio, CD, DVD, iPod, etc.) should be soft muted (approximately 50% of normal volume) when the navigation instructions are given to you. You may need to increase the volume of the navigation instructions, this could be your problem?!?

I have to have my dealership look into both, as I have to press the lock button twice and the radio, etc. is not soft muted upon navigation instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbuck View Post
9. Turn the volume up whilst the nav is speaking and that will alter the volume differential between the 2.

10. By turning DTC - Dynamic Traction Control on (maximises traction on poor surfaces setting) you automatically turn DSC - Dynamic Stability Control off. DSC is the programme which keeps the car going in the direction it's supposed to be going when you get it a bit sideways on wet surfaces or through over enthusiastic driving. The idea is that you use DTC to get yourself moving and then switch it off again ASAP so you get the benefit of DSC.
Yes, I increased the navigation volume, but the problem is that it's still difficult to hear because the radio, etc. is not soft muted, as mentioned above. Otherwise, look at the attached. The red arrow points to the button I am confused by.

Say I am driving in snow… Correct me if I am wrong, but if I press this button once, should I experience superior traction in snow? Or, should I press it momentarily - get moving - and then press it again - once moving? What does pressing the button do; it turns off DSC and turns on DTC? It's confusing because it says "OFF"; and you’d think that you’d need to turn something ON for superior traction.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0