TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasCro View Post
Wow must be a great experiance, i would took diesel for less frequent gas stops
Indeed, it was a great experience. Will do it again the next time I buy a car for sure! And, for the record, the diesel model isn't available in the US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Wow...what a Great video. Good camera work!
Any chance u have some video of u flying along the autobahn.
That would be cool.
Just picked up a 2012 535 ...these are fantastic cars
All the best
Rob
Nice! I love the look of the 5 series. Congrats! I do have a short clip of us driving between Münich and Zürich. Weren't going very fast by autobahn standards (the route was speed limited) but much faster than I'd be able to legally drive here in the US. I think we were going 100 MPH. Will search for that and will post to YouTube if I find it.

I wish I'd captured video of the drive from Monaco to Frankfurt. There were stretches along that route where I was able to get the big 7 up to it's seed limited 155 MPH for sustained periods of time. We covered a lot of ground in a very short amount of time. Was totally exhilarating. Now that I'm home and back on the pokey California highway system, I sometimes feel as if I'm going to fall over sideways for lack of momentum! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Wow. I am jealous . I just got a 5 series and totally forgot about the ED program until seeing this. Now you have me wanting to go to Munich to go see The Welt. What time of the year did you go? Seems like the weather was perfect.
Congrats on the 5. We went in the middle of September and stayed in Europe through the rest of the month. The weather was really spectacular. There was only one day of rain, and that was for our drive from Zürich to Cernobbio (Lake Como, Italy). I chose mid-Sept, because it would be less crowded after the big August vacation rush, and the weather would still be warm enough to enjoy the experience.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0