View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 05:10 PM   #9
jbrucebmw
jbrucebmw
Rep
Drives: 09 M5 95 M3 85 M635CSi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroMike View Post
While the G70s auto-door function is certainly help in the right direction, I'd bet dollars to donuts that careless family members will still override their use from time to time, or at least you shouldn't count on them exclusively utilizing them. Perhaps instead you should purchase and employ some ding protectors. There are many on the market. Years ago, I purchased "DoorShox," a magnetic set of bumpers (you can also get the "Valet" or single bumper) to strategically place where your vehicle might get hit by another car's doors. They're always in my trunk should I have to park close to another car or believe one will park close to me. Below is a link to, and photo from, their website. You could get rid of or replace your family, but this acquisition would be MUCH more inexpensive and tons easier. Good luck!

https://www.doorshox.com/
I'll check out these ding protection strips. I don't like the idea of putting them on but I guess its better than my current solution of parking the M% so its inches away from the garage wall and always needing it to be clean so I can put a thick car cover on it.
Appreciate 0