09-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #93
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I tell my people they can get what every phone they want, but if it's not an iPhone, don't come to me for set up help or any issues you have. I don't need to customize my screen, app tiles, and all that shit. I done growed up several years ago and just want a device that works and for me, iPhones work.
Because you're so used to the iPhone. Having used all four main OSes in the past few years, I can tell you that BB10 and WP8.1 are/were miles ahead of any Android flavour or iOS iteration for setup, use, and overall UI intuitiveness. Obviously, both lack critical mass and that creates app availability issues, but for the actual OS ... iOS is kludgy, rigid, and most of all demands that you have to use it the way Apple dictates and that any ability to tailor the experience to how you work best is forbidden by Cupertino.

You are also confusing the complete flexibility of Android to various user experiences offered by manufacturers. If all you want is a phone that works, TouchWiz, Sense, Xperia, or UX work just fine out of the box just like BB10, and WP and iOS. I do like that Android is completely flexible, but that's not valid as a criticism of it ... it's my choice if I want to avail myself of it. If all you want is an Android phone that just works, there are tons of options that are just as easy to start using as an iPhone.

The iPhone works for you, and millions of others, simply because after 7 generations of product it's just second nature. That doesn't make it a good user experience, a good OS, or a good product.
Appreciate 0