View Single Post
      09-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #103
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I think when Jobs died all the innovation left the company and it is doomed. Cook should be fired and they should get someone new to run the company. I mean, seriously, the watch was a failure (although it is the number 2 watch in the world behind Rolex, by revenue) and the iPad is sinking (only sold about $12 Billion worth so far this year). I mean, it is a travesty. iPhone revenues are down YoY for the first time ever (disappointingly selling only about $100 Billion worth so far this year ). The company is clearly doomed.

Edit: Oh, clearly there is some sarcasm hidden in there somewhere. Stealth adding charts... cuz... CHARTS!
Amen.

Yet AAPL trades at 10 times earnings and MSFT trades at 30 times. Gotta love the market.

AAPL *ONLY* sold 231m phones in 2015 and will probably sell around 220m in 2016 (OMG DECLINE).

For the Cook haters, Cook decided to launch the 6 and 6 plus to get people wanting larger screens, starting the super cycle. The only reason iPhone sales are down even slightly is because a CRAZY amount bought the 6 and 6 plus due to pent up large screen demand.

Fun fact. When Jobs died in 2011, Apple shipped around 72m phones. As I said, they more than tripled their iPhone output to 231m phones in 2015. Cook has done fine. The watch actually might gain traction soon as it functions as a standalone GPS device, perfect for athletes.

Now to grow services and move away from being a "hardware only" company.
Appreciate 1
jtodd_fl6703.50