03-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #69
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Wasn't aware that they stopped the free insurance, didn't need it myself but can see the logic and usefulness of it in your situation as the insurance will want to charge some silly admin fee to change it and you only need a check...just a thought...did you consider 'test driving' the 760 again from your dealer and then using the remote parking to see if it will go in up to the wing mirrors? Then you'd know and could get the right policy from the start and save the hassle? You'd need to be careful but to be honest the sensors will stop it before it would hit anything likely anyway and you'd be able to tell if it will go in remotely or not...Given the wait, surely your dealer would let you have it for an hour to check that?
That kind of is my plan only the clearing of the garage is behind schedule a bit. Off work next week but would need to sort it plus get it off his hands for a few hours. Doesn't have to be that one to be far, just a 7 series with remote parking. SWB won't make any difference as I've got the length, it's just the width which might not work. Shall see what I can do because as you say be much better to just simply check this first.
Appreciate 0