Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Was in the dealers today to get my M5 serviced and have 4mm left on the rears so I'll have to fix that

Anyway to answer the remote parking in a UK sized width garage (2250mm) mystery he's lent me a 740d xDrive with the option. It's a short wheel base but length wasn't the concern with the width...

Well the answer is in and computer says no. Either reversing or forwards it won't do it. Your supposed to go in forwards for remote parking because it'll steer in this mode. Can see it turning the wheels to line up but it's not happy.

Even after I've driven it in myself and then back out so it's perfectly aligned it'll slam on the anchors as it gets to the opening. So seems my car is going to be destined to live on the driveway. Bummer.
Sorry to hear that, thought it might be the case though, likely as by the time the sensors notice something and decide how to react it needs time = space otherwise it could hit...I’ve always been curious about the size of the U.K. storage sheds oops, i mean garages. Not a car since the 70’s that will fit in them really. (At least new build ones from the 90’s onwards I’ve seen)
I wasn't too hopeful either to be honest because the manual mentions bigger tolerances needed but had to try. What I wouldn't give for a US / Canadian sized garage but hey ho.

Yeah my property is around 6 years old so garage just isn't big enough. In fairness the guy over the road parks his M2 in his garage every night so they are fine for those width cars.
Appreciate 0