View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

I REPEAT: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS POS COMPANY???

One plus years ago my driver's door speaker was buzzing at times, most noticeable / reproducible when on a telephone call. Dealer A "could not duplicate", but the problem was not as apparent as it later became. Subsequently dropped car off at Dealer B, came to pick up the car and again received "could not duplicate" BS. Spoke to shop foreman and showed him the problem. The dealer held on to the car further and replaced the offending speaker, which - GUESS WHAT??? - SOLVED THE F'N PROBLEM.

Fast forward, problem returns. Dealer A again says "could not duplicate". I get very upset and reproduce problem for the service writer, who gets shop foreman to come out. Reproduce problem for shop foreman, but he deflects in a million different ways and ultimately states he does not hear any buzzing; BS, BS, BS. Looking him straight in the eyes, while we're side by side in the car, and he's lying to my face. Shop foreman goes to speak with service manager, they spend 5+ minutes in his office, service manager comes out, I'm thinking great, let me show him the problem (car is no more than a couple hundred feet away), but he refuses and states his foreman is his eyes and ears and stands by his determination, in response to which my voice became publically loud.

Time passes, driver's door speaker has continued to buzz and front passenger door now buzzes as well. Bring car to Dealer B, show mechanic buzzing upon drop off, which I'm able to readily reproduce and which he readily acknowledges, WEEK AND A HALF LATER, return to dealer only to receive the "could not duplicate" BS, get in the car with the service advisor and shop foreman, able to reproduce the problem, only for the shop foreman to deflect, lie, etc. stating he doesn't hear anything, then stating he does, but it's the radio and the phone signal, and that no "codes" are showing. I become beyond frustrated.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???

Last edited by dbs600; 04-05-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0