View Single Post
      09-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #33
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

7erMOB:

No, LED is not as bright as the HID. I am using a 8000K HID KIT for the fog. My previous Mercedes E63 AMG had the same applications and looks amazing. So I wanted to do the same on my new 740i. Sometimes its hard to judge the color when taking the picture. In real live, it is lighter blue. White blueish. I was using my iphone to take the pic. That could be bad.

Now the Angel Eye topic :-( Our stock ones are yellowish, I tried different bulbs. Here is my write up on other forum http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=483299

The china made LED bulb looks whiter than stock but it is not powerful enough to shine the outer ring. The inner AE is bright but not the outer one.
My alternative will be using HID, but my concern is the power. It probably need to draw more power from the battery and lots of cables connect to it. Which i don't want to. So I am still doing research on which bulb is good.

Since you are in Hong Kong, you should have more chances to check out different LED bulbs they make over there in china. Here I don't have many options. By ordering them from china, it takes forever to have them deliver here to the US, and result just BAD.

Since the china made LED didn't work out, I switched it back to my "GPthunder bulb". This is what I have on my car for now. It is not too white though. But better than stock yellowish.

If you have time, can you check out this type of LED bulb in Hong Kong.
I wanna see if that is bright enough to shines both inner and outer rings.

I also want to change my stock low beam head light to Higher Kevin , so I can match the fog light. But BMW make it so complicated. Unfortunately you can't even reach that area. I believe I need to remove the front bumper and the headlight out in order to change the bulb. That sucks.
If you guys know a better way, please chime in.

7erMOB, since we like the car so much, we gotta do some appearance changes hahahahah. Those yellowish thing must be gone. But trust me. You will definitely like the 8000K fog and low beam. They look amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7erMOB View Post
mbworldz:

Did you use LED for your fog lights they look very blueish. Also your AE seems more white than stock, what are you using right now?

PS: rabbit cameras are VERY useful in small parking spaces in HK! Just wish I didn't have to press the parking sensor button all the time to activate it and the rabbit eyes.
Appreciate 0