03-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #13
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well most people in the industry and employees (like me) back in the day when Martin Marietta merged with the Lockheed Corporation affectionately call it Lock Mart for short (kinda a play on Wall Mart because the merger made Lockheed Martin the largest defense contrator in the US and the world for that matter). So until you can tell me which machine in B Building of the Martin Marietta Corporation manufacturing plant in Middle River, Maryland built part of the tooling for the Space Shuttle, then I'll consider you know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to Lock Mart, or Martin Marietta, or the Glen L. Martin Aircraft Company, for that matter.

And perhaps you'd like to research a bit on STARS and ERAM and see what Google tells you about FAA automation. And the FAA has been using parts of NextGen going on the better part of 7 years already, but as you wouldn't understand, the FAA can't and doesn't for flight safety reasons just switch over from the Radar-based surveillance system to the GPS-based system over night. And ATC does not use paper and board technology to track and control aircraft. So stop being an ass, and get back to discussing how drivers in Arizona are free to run over jaywalking pedestrians without legal repercussions.
Lock mart is store in the Bronx.

http://www.lockmart.com/

Once again, suggest you read posts and quit inventing what I said, as clearly I am more informed of how FAA operates than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post

It’s Lockheed Martin.

Guess you really aren’t that in the know.

The system the FAA has used for essentially the last 50 years is a disaster and that is why the system was not automated, which was the response to why the air system is not automated.

The current system depended on controllers writing info on paper and placing it on a board.

Next Gen received initial funding in 2007 and is only half way complete, with completion not scheduled until 2030.

Guess you can claim a lot, but evidence showing you clearly are not.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 03-22-2018 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0