View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 11:02 PM   #289
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Like I said - now that you've explained it your comments make sense - all that was necessary was you confirming that you meant your comments as limited to your particular model/experience rather than the broad-sweeping statements you made before. People make broad sweeping generalizations all the time even though their own experience is limited to a very small subset of those generalizations. Therefore, the mere fact you mentioned that you have a 135i neither ruled in nor ruled out whether your original intention was global to all BMW DCT applications on the broad end of the spectrum - or alternatively- to just your own narrow experience (or the somewhat broader experience of 135i owners).

I'll say it again to be clear - not trying to pick a fight - but just trying to explain the source of the question of how broadly you intended to say how poor of a job BMW did on the DCT. However - your last few posts have now answered that question, so thanks for the clarification and better luck on your next transmission (sincerely - no sarcasm intended).
It's unfortunate I didn't get into the market for a 135i sooner. Had I been in the market sooner, I would have more choices with respect to available inventory to get a black 135i with a 6MT. And all my griping and whining about the DCT wouldn't even happen because I wouldn't be in this situation. I would have been able to continue my tradition of owning manual trans cars as my only automatic was my first car about 30 years ago.

Since my recent attempt to find a solution to this problem with flashing my car with a Dinan S2 tune, I'm starting to actually enjoy driving my car....as long as I don't turn the A/C on...sigh.

But thanks for getting why I'm coming off the way I am about BMW DCTs.
Appreciate 0