View Single Post
      06-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #26
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
You wont see your own post as new because its not new, by posting it you've seen it. This is a much more accurate and precise listing of posts that are actually NEW.

The problem is a different problem that tom is talking about where posts from other sites are bleeding into a site you are on which I want to fix. I think I might of fixed it now, but will see what tom says

Mark
I'm experiencing both GOLFFRR's and Tom's problems... And it's ANNOYING!

With regards to GOLFFRR's experience. Let's say I hit "new posts" the first time. You'd see everything you haven't read. Let's say you click 1 thread and read that thread. Afterwards, you hit "new posts" again. The thread you just clicked is not in the list of new posts anymore. I know what you're saying that it's not "new" anymore but it wasn't like this before. Before the change happened, the thread you just clicked will still be in the list of the "new posts" but it's just not highlighted in BOLD anymore. That's the first annoyance. The second annoyance is it shows all the threads you haven't read before your last visit. It never did that before. Before the changes, it only showed you new posts since the last visit.

The third annoyance I'm experiencing is the exact same thing tom @ eas is saying. Let's say I'm browsing the 1addicts forum. Before, majority of the threads when you hit "new posts" are related to 1addicts. There'll be a few exceptions but it's only a few. Now, you see every thread "bleeding" like you said, to 1addicts. M3post, X5/6, etc... It's so hard to keep track which is which...

I also read somewhere (in this thread probably) that these changes are being done to mimic the Bimmerpost app and have them sync'ed up. What's weird is that these problems don't show up in the Bimmerpost app. When I click new posts in 1addicts, I only see threads (majority) that's related to 1addicts. It also doesn't remove the thread I just read.. It just removes the BOLD condition if I've already read the thread. Kind of like how Microsoft Outlook or any e-mail client works...

I've sent all these feedback to Dackelone as well.
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals
Appreciate 0