03-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #34
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
I know....u cant compare the AMGs to regular BMWs....u can compare AMG to M....but since they dont have one (and I dont understand why) ( in 20 days well have X6 n X5M ?!)...people start to make these rivals between AMG and ghost M7 which in this case is just a regular 750 and not even 760 yet!....talk about a performance and everything the S63 and S65 are better in every way and why? BMW does not have M versions of the 7er , not even one....Alpina is something else...but if u wanna go that way then IT should go like this...
it should be fair
750 vs S550
760 vs S600
S63 vs Alpina B7
S65 vs Alpina B7 ( maybe a more powerful version when 760 arrives ) 500horses cant go with 600plus in this case so u really need a bigger engine based on the 760 and plenty of more horsepower not to menchain massive truck torque of 1000Nm...u get it?
That's EXACTLY what I was talking about

Although, we have to wait and see what BMW does with the 760 in regards to the engine and THEN we can update the above list again. I wonder if BMW used the old V12 and simply bolted on two turbos or if they did something similar to what they did on the 50 version. They used a smaller displacement engine (the 4.4l) and based on the output (with the help of the turbos) called it a 5.0l equivalent engine. Did they do that on the upcoming V12TT 760 too???

From BMW point of view, I guess they are looking at more efficient engines rather than building the same engine with more output by adding the turbos (hence the new trend in 'virtual' displacement designations). Now if they truly wanted to have an answer to the S65, then I agree with you, they would need to have a true V12TT 6.0l engine they would have to pack under the hood of the new 760. The only problem I see is space and cooling. If you look at the engine compartment of the current 750 with it's V8TT 4.4l engine, there is NO room for ANYTHING else. It's packed! So where would they get the extra space needed for the additional displacement?

Name:  750_Test_Drive_Car_Engine_01.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  454.7 KB

This is a picture I took of the Engine after my test drive back in February.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0