View Single Post
      10-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

1. Not currently possible (although technically there is no reason BMW could change their software to do this). Maybe you should email HQ (in Munich) and suggest/request that feature for a future software upgrade!?!

2. This is programmable via the iDrive menu. You can select if you want just the driver door to unlock or if you want all doors unlocked. IIRC by default the all doors unlock option is selected (at least after they do a complete software update on your car, that's what it defaults this option to, as this is what happens to me every time I get a software update). IIRC there is also an option if you want the doors to automatically lock after you start driving.

The trunk can only be closed via the button on the trunk lid or by hand in NA as JBlackbelt pointed out. Apparently the trunk can be closed via the remote in some other countries! So again, this is just something they restricted in software!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0