11-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 7 View Post
1. My 2011 550i already does that, all you have to do is press the ribbed area on the door handle for about 4 seconds and the mirrors fold, and the windows roll up. I'm sure the 7 can probably be programed to do that specially since the 5 and the 7 share a lot of components together.

I can also vouch for the remote trunk closing thing my 550 does that flawlessly and I don't live in NA. I think I read somewhere that BMW restricted that feature because every one in the U.S is law suite happy.
It would be nice to be able to have an option in the iDrive menu somewhere to select if you would like to have the mirrors fold in automatically once you lock the car and the engine is turned off. I have to try the 4 sec handle thing to see if it folds the mirrors in. It may be a way to fold them in but considering that I would have to stand by the door for an extra 4 seconds to fold them in, especially in rain or worse on snowy days, I don't think that's the way to go...

The remote trunk close feature works in quite a few different countries, but it has been disabled in the NA models...
Just as you said, there are WAY too many law suite happy people around here, so the few make it harder for the many
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0