View Single Post
      06-13-2015, 04:50 AM   #74
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peschiera View Post
The allegedly heavy gesture control is not an extra. It is always included. Many of the new features are part of the standard series. During the live presentation yesterday they repeated that without the new features the weight reduction would have been about 200 kg.
And with regard to Marketing: BMW knows how to maintain the image, but not how to market new features or technologies. They are actually very defensive
Audi has the best marketing, since they are always behind MB and BMW in most aspects, but everyone thinks they can compete with MB and BMW.
And MB is also extremely good in marketing. How else one could explain, why so many people believe that the S Class would be the best car in this segment.
I agree. I have driven and been chauffeured in many Audis. They are good but not BMW or Mercedes nice. They look more modern true, but have an aspect of luxury that is missing.

As for the tech; Quattro is surefooted but not as driver oriented as Xdrive and the MMI system is a shameful copy of idrive with buttons (which BMW later copied) but is not intuitive or fluid to use. The brand of Audi is well marketed and the fact that it is an alternative to the Mercedes and BMW stereotypes gives it credence and customer appeal.

There; I am now ready for the onslaught of aggressive responses.
Appreciate 1