View Single Post
      07-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #26
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Those of you who don't think the auto industry will be blindsided by this, I give you this list...
Your analogy falls well short in this instance.

Consider that:

- We are talking about an entire industry with dozens of players, not just one or two companies.

- Almost none of the corporations are sitting on their hands waiting to be pushed out by the Teslas and Lucids of the world. They are well aware of the changes coming, and they are investing heavily in EV, autonomous tech, and ride sharing.

With all the hype, what is happening right now is that misinformed hand-wavers are looking at what Tesla is doing today, ignoring the fact that they are not making any money doing it, and then drawing the incorrect conclusion that everyone else must be completely checked out, detatched from reality.

Quote:
EV will do to the ICE what ICE did to the horse and buggy, except it will happen in a much faster pace. Mark my word.
Right. But it won't happen until it is practical. This is simply not playing out on a ten year timetable. And I don't believe you think that it will either. You're not sticking you're head out and jumping on the OP's claims because you are sensible enough to see why it can't occur that quickly.

And that again, was the entire point of my post - yes, we know what's coming, but, no, it's not coming by 2027. Anyone who does think it is coming by 2027 should refer to my second post in this thread and challenge yourself to complete the exercise I gave the OP. I'll bet you can't do it, look at what you come up with, and honestly stand behind it. If you can, well, then put your money where your mouth is and start shorting the stocks - you're going to be rich, right?
Appreciate 0