View Single Post
      07-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #45
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
1. fossil fuels are a limited resource. we will continue to use petroleum for other industries even if transport turns to ICE. we need to save as much as possible.
This is the hilarious big government must manage the world argument.......tyranny for your own good?.....

If that were the case then folks would be clamoring to get off this rock because eventually water, O2, food and every other natural resource would be exhausted including ability to make solar panels and windmills to power your fantasy EV of the future.

Progressives need to get over themselves.....when petroleum based fuels go up in price sufficiently then other technologies will become more feasible.....

And when that happens then maybe one of those technologies MAY be EV's or some other solution that someone comes up with

Until that happens government needs to stop stealing from taxpayers to pick winners and losers in the market place.....every time it tries to do so we end up with a disaster of perverted markets and products that require subsidies

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post

2. EV will eventually take over the ICE. That's no question. Not in a decade, but maybe in our lifetime. The cars have proven themselves. There are many different ways to have a aero emissions vehicle without the use of batteries (hydrogen for example). It's the infrastructure that is the issue.

3. If you like cars, then you must realize that we NEED EVs on the road as soon as possible. Despite what the narrow minded think, electric vehicles will SAVE the ICE. By conserving the amount of fossil fuel we have left, the EV will be the main transport for everyone whereas the ICE will continue to be for the enthusiasts... weekend joy rides, Motorsport, etc. Think about horses being used for recreational purposes. Tld the same thing for the ICE.

4. There is absolutely no reason why ANYONE should be against the development of electric power in automotive applications. Hey have proven themselves in economy, emissions, and motorsport. They will continue to become better and better while at the same time being the saving grace of the ICE that we grew to know and love.
I'm a tool user....its that whole opposable thumb thing ya know?

I pick the tool thats best suited to my needs over the predicted life span of the tool.

You EV fanatics are like iPhone users who try to force YOUR choices on everyone else.

Different strokes for different folks......you want to spend extra cash to buy a tesla or some other EV thats your choice......but dont expect the rest of us to give a shit or fund your choices

EV's might be a good choice for you but they are not for most people and may never be.....

When an option comes along that is better suited for my own needs I will readily adopt it.....thats the thing about "Good Ideas".....people readily adopt them....and do so willingly without coercion

Am I the only one thats tired of hearing the "Preaching" from the church of EV worshipers?

You EV worshipers are worse than the fucking jehova's witnesses
Appreciate 0