View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 05:53 AM   #1
gramezza
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i

Big engine problems??

Hi everyone. Without going into massive detail I recently bought my 750i from a dealership.

The moment I got into the car to drive away after paying for it, the engine management light was on. I went back in and he took the car away to "fix" it.

I'm not naive enough to think that he did anything other than wipe the warning light rather than fix it but I felt reassured with a warranty so thought I'd just follow up with them.

Anyway I took it to a garage yesterday for the fault to be diagnosed. The main ones are:
123439 electrical wastegate valve - adaptation: bottom limit position
130713 VANOS Solenoid valve, inlet - position not reached
130714 VANOS Solenoid valve, exhaust - position not reached
130715 VANOS Solenoid valve, inlet - camshaft jammed

There were also similar ones for engine slave (DME/DDE)
130704 VANOS Solenoid valve, exhaust 2 - camshaft jammed
130708 VANOS Solenoid valve, exhaust 2 - position not reached

Im guessing these codes are all part of the same problem. The mechanic said it may be something to do with the timing chain which may be confirmed with an occasional rough idle. The car otherwise drives perfectly fine.

Unfortunately the garage said they were not in a position to repair the car yet with their workload but at least I have a diagnostic to take away.

I'm having trouble getting in touch with the dealership and discuss my rights under the Consumer Rights Act. I actually really like the car so I just want them to repair it although I'm conscious they'll just refund me then sell it onto someone else.

Anyway my question is whether anyone has had similar issues and/or recognises these fault codes and can provide any insight.

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0