View Single Post
      10-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

How often do you check your tire pressure?

The useable lifetime of your tires can be severely shortened if your tires are under-inflated all the time, especially so for RFTs!

If you have a lot of uneven roads and pot holes, etc. I would suggest you check your tire pressure more often.

I've driven cars with RFTs for over 5 years and never experienced a blow out. My wife's BMW had first generation RFTs and the original tires that came with the car had and issue where the manufacturer used the wrong rubber compound (too soft) and started to unevenly wear down. They started to make a strange noise and you could feel the uneven wear when you moved your hand over the tire (front to back and back to front felt different). Back then, the tire manufacturer offered to replace all your tires if you where below a certain mileage and replace two if you where above. My wife's car was just over the limit, so I had to pay for two, but at least they replaced two of them for free.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0