View Single Post
      08-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
drjochen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Funny. I was thinking, "It could have been worse. They could have been spun by a Porsche driver!"

It's starting to get really ridiculous. When "no action" was the call, all I could do is facepalm. This wasn't nearly as egregious as Long Beach, but there's a pattern here that goes back to the season start at Daytona. Get it together Porsche!

And how about Bamber rambling nonsense in the post-race interview? He sounded like an idiot. Although Fisi really crossed a line with his after race antics. It's one thing to give the other guy a tongue lashing, but apparently, he not only ran Bamber off the track on the cool down lap (which was in the broadcast), but also rammed the #912 car in the pits. Major red mist going on there. It'd be a real shame if IMSA chooses to take action after such a heartbreaking podium-miss.
All incidents in IMSA right now are "no action". Except they love to give drive through penalties for some pit stop infractions. What Fisi did was not ok either. I am sure he will get punished.

Almost too funny how IMSA worded the press release: Giancarlo Fisichella was nearly in position to repeat his thrilling last-lap victory for Risi Competizione from 2014 at VIR. Running third on the final restart, Fisichella spun in the No. 62 Ferrari 488 GTE co-driven by Toni Vilander after contact in Turn 1. As a result, Earl Bamber took third in the No. 912 Porsche 911 RSR started by Frederic Makowiecki, while the Ferrari finished seventh." Bamber hit Fisi and turned him around....
Appreciate 1