E90M3JETS
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
It took BMW to be outsold in Europe and exactly 5 years to come up with a car that can go head2head with the Tesla Model S.

The instrument cluster looks it has copied straight from the Model S and the camera system too. Hopefully it drives as well too.
So I drove and considered a Telsa P100D before I ordered my M760Li. There's a lot of hype about the Tesla's but the reality in my opinion if you can look beyond that is they don't live up to it.

Yes it's fast, no doubt but it doesn't feel faster than the M760Li and judging from the CarWow test, the Tesla is only really quicker on the initial go because well it's electric.

Outside of that the car just doesn't feel all that expensive, it feels cheap. The ride is pretty firm despite it being on air suspension. The centre console looks cool but it's somewhat laggy. The dash is nice but there's no HUD, I never even really look at the dash when you've got a HUD. The navigation system is also really poor compared to BMW's.

Then look at all the stuff you get on the 7 series that the Telsa doesn't have available. Laser lights, adaptive headlights, massage seats, cooled seats, rear seat entertainment, 360 degree parking cameras, self parking inside the car, hell they didn't even have rain sensing wipers when I drove the car but I know that's fixed now.

So yes it's cool that they get software updates however to be honest they need them because there's so much missing on their cars currently. At the price range of a M760Li and more expensive because their offer isn't as strong, it just doesn't compete. You'd have to want to own an electric car to pick it.
I respect your opinion, but for us Americans it is still impressive what Tesla was able to do in Europe against the best Germany can offer. Last year, the Tesla Model S outsold the BMW 7 series, Mercedes S and Audi A8 in Europe. Yes I agree with you the Germans interior have more bells and whistles, but the Tesla is true to their intentions of having a minimalistic interior and sustainable alternative to transportation. I bought my wife a Model X and she is much happier with it than her former X5 with HUD and massage seats. The instant torque is addictive too.

Not here to talk negatives about a brand that I like, but also proud that the USA was able to show the Germans that we still have it.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1