01-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #8
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
I'm also an IT Consultant, well, currently a Project Manager in a consulting business unit, but my industry is security and compliance (PCI and that sort of stuff). I wanted to move away from the hands on technical but I ended up in a type of role that I don't actually enjoy that much. Need to get out and look for other opportunities.

I would love to move away from the South East, but my wife wouldn't have any of it. We're 5 mins from pretty much all her family and some of mine (a bit too close if you ask me!) and she's not going to move anytime soon.
I mean to afford a 7 series you either had to be a doctor, IT Consultant or drug dealer

That's really interesting actually. I've always enjoyed the implementation a lot however as I've got older the rate of change in IT gets a bit old. When I was young, I loved it but when you get older having to relearn so much over and over gets tiring.

I don't do too much implementation currently. My work tends to be pre-sales meetings, workshops, design documents and the like. A lot of paperwork mostly. I'm considering moving more heavily to technical pre-sales as maybe the route my career might head. Or I guess management creeps up on us all at some stage?

I'm from the Infrastructure space traditionally. Never security trained but you pick up an eye for what's needed because well you have to. Cloud's the current in thing but my money is on security being the next thing. Not because companies want to spend their money there because they generally hate spending on security as it seems to have no business value but finally the fines will be big enough that they'll have little choice.

Have a customer currently that is starting to spend big on security simply because their business insurance shot up hugely recently. Security is the means to get their premium down. The reason companies spend on it is never really because it's the right thing to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoody View Post
Wow! San Marino Blue! Great Color!

What was the price for this individual color?
£2,800 I think it was in the UK. That'll be about 50 Euro's once we've fully finished ruining our country
Appreciate 0