03-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #15
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Nice, both look stunning by the way, very nice work. ^ Thanks for sharing and adding the comments about migrating from the M5...it seems a few M5ers have come over to the dark side!
In fairness if I could get the new M5 for the price I got my old one it would have been hard to justify the 760 however it's more that I don't want to drive the same car 2 times in a row. You only live once, I want to try all sorts of different car types and ultimately... V12!!!

As it stands at the moment, the new M5 works out way more expensive than a 760. Not just a bit, but an awful lot. Once the dusts settled and probably a LCI who knows but maybe I'll be stuck on the comfort and tech of a 7 forever more by then.

Quote:
Ah, music to my ears...I love the way 22s look on the 7...but am concerned about ride quality on such a large rim and rubber band tire...not looking to lower at all, roads to bad here but had just about settled for 21's until your comment...22s would be stunning. (and proper Gangsta and Cat like!) Good to know, thanks again for the comments!
My gut tells me that might be a step too far to still have the comfort you want. Can also just imagine your chances of cracking them on our lovely roads

Ideally you want to be able to get them and have a means to return if they aren't comfortable enough. Got to try it as it'll be quite a bit of money to drop, don't want to regret it for the ride.

Quote:
Would be great to know, I'd love 22s if the suspension would handle this and still provide a 'princess ride quality'...It would be the one thing I could lord it over FastLaneJB...

Safe travels.

I'm happy with the 20s that the 760 have unique to them, I think they look pretty cool. I've also no problems with a bit of rubber so don't need the biggest wheels you can fit. A sensible compromise between looks and comfort I think.

We'll have to meet up though so you can try mine on 20's and me try yours on 18's if you still have 18's.
Appreciate 0