Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 7 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_AMG View Post
The ride quality on 22s is exactly the same to the stock 20s but when I do notice a difference is when it's lowered on bumps it's a little but tougher but still smoother than my lowered m5 was.
So this is an interesting comment. What size wheels did you have on your M5 and was it a competition pack?

My F10 M5 is on 19's because UK roads are pretty bad and not the comp pack either. I did drive a M5 on 20's with the comp pack and after an hour on some A / B roads I wanted to get out. It was too uncomfortable for a long trip. In reverse with 19's and without the comp pack it's super comfortable. Not quite a 7 series of course but still the most comfortable car I've owned to date.

This could be useful for Pelo Cat as he's interested in bigger wheels but also likes his comfort. The F10 M5 goes from one end of the spectrum to being extremely comfortable to the other end where I can imagine on 20's, comp suspension and lowered being too firm for our roads here. Hence if your M5 was on the worst side for comfort there, saying the 7 on 22's is better might still mean it wouldn't be good enough for Pelo Cat.

Not saying it isn't comfortable of course, just we've some awful roads in this country so have to compromise a little on the styling / looks to get a car that won't break our bones travelling down our roads
I had my m5 on 20s comp pack but I swapped out the springs for even sportier springs. It was a solid drive and perfect for that type of car but daily driving over bumps was rough.
Appreciate 0