advocado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750Li/ 2011 335i conv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinguy View Post
An opportunity cam up for me to take a trip to Munich after I had already ordered my 750 Li. I tried to change to European Delivery but the car was already at Bremerhaven when I called and since then it left the port aboard Morning Concert on May 6.

Anyway, I am still going to visit BMW Welt and take a factory tour. I will be in Munich for 4 days. Any advice ?

Thanks
I was in Munich in late April for European Delivery. The Welt is stunning! Allow plenty of time for crawling around the Welt, the factory tour (it's a couple of hours) and the BMW Museum (also a couple of hours). With E/D the tour and Museum are free, but, in your case I would call the E/D office to see if you can get some kind of accommodation. It's also right across the street from Olympic Park, which is interesting and beautiful. Munich is great. If you like beer, you'll love Munich. Go to Augustiner near the Marianplatz, it's ground zero for beer halls and sausage/weiner schnitzel. Walk through the English Garden and get to the beer garden at the Chinese Pagoda. It's amazing to see literally thousands of people sitting for hours drinking huge steins of beer and munching pretzels while an oompa band plays on.. Walk around Marianplatz and down to the VictualMarket. Again, an amazing site of displayed food. For museums, the best for me was the Neue Pinaktotech (modern art museum). Van Gogh, Renoir, Matisse, Picasso, etc. A wonderful collection. We took the subway everywhere. Buy an all day pass from your concierge. It's 9 Euros, but up to 3 people can ride on one ticket. Enjoy!

Last edited by advocado; 05-15-2009 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0